Tool Loan Program
On this page:
You might also like:
Conservation is for everyone!
Protecting and enhancing the Tualatin river watershed requires participation from our local communities. Tualatin SWCD's tool loan program helps residents pursue conservation projects by making specialized equipment easily available.
Borrow weed-removal equipment at no cost:
We will provide you with basic instructions for using the tools. You will be asked to sign a tool loan agreement upon checkout.
Three types of tools are available through our tool loan program:
- Extractigator & Extractigator Junior
The Extractigator removes woody stems up to 2 inches in diameter. It can remove the roots of the plant. We also carry the Extractigator Junior, which can handle stems up to 1.5 inches in diameter.View the Extractigator
- BigFoot attachment
Both Extractigators come with the BigFoot attachment, which increases the footprint of the tool, allowing it to not sink into soft soils and providing increased leverage. This accessory is helpful when working with sandy, rocky, or soft soil conditions.View the BigFoot
- Uprooter & Uprooter Mini
The Uprooter works well to remove small trees and other woody plants up to 2.25 inches in diameter. We also carry the Uprooter Mini, which can handle stems up to 1 inch in diameter and is half the height and weight of the classic model.View the Uprooter
Rent a seed drill for $300
We loan a Land Pride 606NT seed drill for Washington County residents to use for establishing cover-crops.
Land Pride 606NT Details:
- A compact, pull‐type, no‐till drill for planting a variety of seed sizes for practices such as cover cropping or pasture overseeding.
- It requires at least a 40 HP tractor and hydraulic circuit.
- It seeds 9 rows at 7.5” spacing (6’ swath).
- Transportation by renters requires a truck capable of pulling 2700 lbs (hitch and adapters provided).
- The transport size is width‐ 8’10”, length‐11’5’, and height‐ 5’1”.
- The equipment rents for $300/day and a $250 refundable deposit is required. See rental agreement for more
Learn more about the Tool Loan Program
Complete the tool request form and our dedicated program staff will be in touch with you!