Tool Loan Program
On this page:
You might also like:
Conservation is for everyone!
Protecting and enhancing the Tualatin river watershed requires participation from our local communities. Tualatin SWCD's tool loan program helps residents pursue conservation projects by making specialized equipment easily available.
Borrow weed-removal equipment at no cost:
- Extractigator & Extractigator Junior
The Extractigator removes woody stems up to 2 inches in diameter. It can remove the roots of the plant. We also carry the Extractigator Junior, which can handle stems up to 1.5 inches in diameter.View the Extractigator
- BigFoot attachment
Both Extractigators come with the BigFoot attachment, which increases the footprint of the tool, allowing it to not sink into soft soils and providing increased leverage. This accessory is helpful when working with sandy, rocky, or soft soil conditions.View the BigFoot
- Uprooter & Uprooter Mini
The Uprooter works well to remove small trees and other woody plants up to 2.25 inches in diameter. We also carry the Uprooter Mini, which can handle stems up to 1 inch in diameter.View the Uprooter
Borrow planting equipment at no cost:
We loan shovels and planting bags to Washington County residents to help plant trees and shrubs, specifically bareroot or plug stock.
Bareroot plants are harvested such that their roots are washed and exposed, then packed into bags for cold storage. Plugs are similar to container plants and have a small root ball of soil. Both types of stock are typically planted in fall through the winter.
Bareroot and plugs are ideal for planting a large area efficiently, such as a reforestation or hedgerow project.
Two planting tools are available:
Rent a seed drill:
We loan a Land Pride 606NT seed drill for Washington County residents to use for establishing cover-crops.
Land Pride 606NT Details:
- A compact, pull‐type, no‐till drill for planting a variety of seed sizes for practices such as cover cropping or pasture overseeding.
- It requires at least a 40 HP tractor and hydraulic circuit.
- It seeds 9 rows at 7.5” spacing (6’ swath).
- Transportation by renters requires a truck capable of pulling 2700 lbs (hitch and adapters provided).
- The transport size is width‐ 8’10”, length‐11’5’, and height‐ 5’1”.
- The equipment rents for $300/day and a $250 refundable deposit is required. See rental agreement for more
Rent a manure spreader:
We loan a mid-sized manure spreader for Washington County residents.
Model 57 Mid-Sized Manure Spreader Details:
- A mid-sized manure spreader that can spread manure, wood chips and other bulk materials.
- It is ideal for mid-size stables & farms with up to 10 animals.
- It can hold 56 cu. ft., 9 wheelbarrow loads, and 45 bushels.
- Tow with a compact tractor or ATV, 18 HP / 500 cc. min.
- Body Dimensions: 89.5″ L x 37″ W x 17.5″ H.
- Body Flare Width: 44.5″.
- Overall Product Dimensions: 11′ 6″ L x 58″ W x 34″ H.
- Empty Weight: 660 lbs.
- The equipment rents for $150/day and a $150 refundable deposit is required. See rental agreement for more
Learn more about the Tool Loan Program
Complete the tool request form and our dedicated program staff will be in touch with you!